• KRL
    Hi All!

I'm excited to find this page. I unfortunately don't have a pup yet (waiting for the breeder to get pregnant...) but will hopefully have one in a few months time. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for where to get good crates for large breeds? I am getting a german shepherd. I have never crate trained a dog before but it seems all the rage these days.

Thanks! K.
  • Holly
    Whilst I can't help much with what large crate to get (our dog is medium sized and we just got a standard crate from Kmart as we won't use it forever). I will say that crate training has been amazing. I never thought much of it, but it has become our little guys safe space and he is so happy sleeping in there at night! He wasn't ever bothered by being in there, but we still took it slow and kept it open and inviting at first, giving him lots of treats! But it's definitely been a positive experience for him!
  • Lisa
    I got mine off eBay. There are heaps there, and they are way cheaper than pet stores. Mine's a 46 inch and is still good for Finn at the moment but I think he is going to outgrow it with the way he is growing (6 1/2 month Newfoundland = 48kg). Pretty sure it'd be perfectly fine for most GSDs though.
  • Doug
    Hey KRL,
    We wrote this review not long ago about the best crates . For large breeds I would check out K9pro or Vebopet
  • KRL
    Brilliant, thanks!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment
Scratch Dog Food

Welcome to dog:talk by Off The Leash!

dog:talk is a fun, respectful dog forum to discuss and celebrate healthy, happy dogs. We've just launched, so jump in and show us your dog! 🐶

The 3 most helpful contributors in our first month win 2 free boxes of Scratch dog food.

Scratch Dry Dog Food

Supported by Scratch Dog Food